Thursday, October 26, 2006

Freedom From Mobiles?

Does anyone remember out and about freedom?

We were free to roam outside of our homes to wander into adventure, able to get side tracked on any number of mysterious distractions. "I am going out!" was the call. No one could contact me unless they ran into me.

These days, I never leave home without my mobile phone, and the fact is that I hardly go anywhere without it. I am definitely not alone. 2 billion people have these things, and 4 billion or so more people want them, and will have them.

There are some exceptions to my rule, and some places that my mobile phone does not go. My toilet, is one of those places, and about the only sanctuary I have left. Now this is not everyone's rule or sanctuary. I have a friend who routinely answers his phone whilst he is in the throne room. The echo gives him away every time, but he makes no apologies.

"Ah hang on a sec… I just have to…"

Another friend told me the other day that his ex girlfriend ('ex' for a number of reasons), once whilst on top during their emotional physical energy exchange extravaganza, had the skill set and inclination to reach over, remain in position, pick up her phone, and answer when it rang.

Apparently not a beat was missed, in the call, or in her stride.

Now my buddy likes to think that she was talented, and not that, well, he wasn't. He does slyly give away that he even tried to cause a hiccup in her conversation voice by various means during the call. But no, she remained rock solid!

Now when I call people I start to wonder on the possibilities of what they may really be up too? Oh well, all my friend said was that he can't wait until she gets a new mobile with video call… As long as he doesn't have to subscribe!

My 'phone', not that it really is just a phone anymore, is multi talented.

Mine can tell me with a reminder when I have to scratch my balls. Not that I really need a reminder, but it's a handy function. My 'phone' can also take a picture of my balls, a video of my balls, and it can send my ball content by picture message or email, to any number of friends all at the press of a few buttons.

But no, the fun doesn't stop completely with my balls. My mobile can also tune in the radio, play song tracks in mp3, and connect to the mobile internet.

Phone?

No. Not any longer. These things are mobile entertainment units and powerfull communication devices. The smaller they go, the more that seems to be packed in, and I guess the point that I am trying to make is that you can't get away from them!

On the toilet or in the middle of it, where ever you may be, these mini computers are connecting up the planet from one toilet to another.

Out and about freedom? Sanctuaries?

Gone. So what does all this mean?

You can connect with anyone, anywhere on the planet, where ever they may be, 24/7, directly into their pockets, charge them money, send them information, remind them to scratch their balls, send them images of itchy balls, interrupt a really good climax, and or all any and all of the above…

So long as they have a mobile.

Ha!

That's the catch! They have to have a mobile. Now let's see… There are only… well… 2 billion people with them, and only about 4 billion more that want them.

Hmmm…

I wish I had something I wanted to tell billions of people who are almost guaranteed to notice. Does anyone remember out and about freedom?

These days, I never leave home without my mobile phone, and the fact is that I hardly go anywhere without it. I am definitely not alone. 2 billion people have these things, and 4 billion or so more people want them, and will have them.


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]